Maltese law and the Guidelines regarding Yacht Leasing prescribe a set of conditions, including:
- Each Maltese leasing agreement must obtain prior approval of the Authority
- Proof of the value of the Maltese leased yacht must be furnished to the Authority
- The leased yacht is required to lie in Maltese waters, at the time the Maltese lease agreement is contracted.
- The Malta Yacht Leasing must be for a minimum of 1 year period and not exceeding 3 years
- Payments must be made in terms of the Malta yacht leasing agreement, otherwise penalties will apply